How I Work
How I Work
- Narrative: create stories that help you cope with struggles
- Solution-focused: find what works and do more of it
- Strength-based: you have the wisdom to find your own happiness and stability
- Skills-based: learn wellness tools from evidence-based practices like cognitive-behavioral and dialectical behavior therapy
- Creative: pull a tarot card, grab a coloring book, or create a collage to tap into your intuition
- Eclectic: borrow from any discipline that helps
I have participated in mental health care for depression since childhood. When appropriate and of potential benefit to clients, I will share my lived experiences. While I recognize the power differential inherent in the therapeutic relationship, I value the potential for connection as a peer.
The duration of therapy is variable and depends on you and what you'd like to work on. I do longer term depth work, brief therapy, and everything in between. I am available for (and enjoy!) tuneups months or years after the body of our weekly therapeutic work has concluded.
I have experience and training in brief therapeutic work, consisting of 4 to 20 highly focused sessions. My crisis intervention skills are top notch, and I'm here to help you figure out where to go next when it looks like everything has fallen apart.
Intersectionality and Kyriarchy
I have an ability to connect with a wide range of people. This means being aware of oppression, privilege, systemic power structures, and the intersectional way these impact our lives. I hold myself accountable to myself and my clients around racism, sexism, cisgenderism, and all the kyriarchal structures that have prevented people from finding healing on their own terms.